SRC Participation Guidelines
The Summer Reading Club respects the privacy of children and works hard to maintain a safe online environment for them to engage in.
SRC Online Activities: Terms & Conditions
The Summer Reading Club Participation Guidelines are also known as the Terms and Conditions. We provide these terms and conditions so that everyone knows the rules for entering and participating in the online Summer Reading Club activities and competitions. Be sure to ask your parents to review these with you.
Please Note: Children must be 13 or over to post content/enter online competitions to the Summer Reading Club website without parental consent. Children who are 12 and under who want to post content/enter online competitions require parental consent.
The Summer Reading Club is a moderated website. All content submitted for posting to the Summer Reading Club website is reviewed and checked for plagiarism prior to posting.
- Contributions/posts may be edited, removed or not published if they contain
- Private or personal information that may identify the participant.
- Profanities, obscenities or content that is graphic in nature.
- Personal attacks on other SRC Members.
- Appear to be plagarised content. (Note: Leaving pieces out of published materials, or re-wording certain parts is still plagiarism.)
- Intentionally false or misleading, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening or harassing comments; and/or other information that the Summer Reading Club deems at its sole discretion to be inappropriate for this site.
- Submissions may also be formatted to improve readability on the website.
- The Summer Reading Club reserves the right to archive and republish all contributions received in promoting this program.
- Approved submissions will be published to the respective competition posting pages of the Summer Reading Club themed website within 3-5 business days.
- First name, age and state will only be used to attribute post submissions to the site.
For more information regarding postings visit the State Library of Queensland Comments Policy.
This website and all the material on it are subject to copyright belonging to the State Library of Queensland.
The materials provided on the Colour and Activity Booklet pages of this website may be used by you for your personal use and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence.
All other material published on this website including information, text, images, sounds and audio-visual material, is protected by copyright. If you wish to use any of the content or images on this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (07) 3840 7853.
When you upload a post, book rave, short story, What Happens Next ending, photo or artwork to the Summer Reading Club website, you agree that your content, photo or artwork will be licensed using a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence.
You remain the owner of copyright of the content, photo or artwork but others, including State Library of Queensland, may;
Share — copy and redistribute it in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon it
Under the following terms:
Attribution — Anyone who uses Club Member posted content, photographs or artwork must give appropriate credit, and provide a link to the licence.
Non-Commercial —The photograph or artwork must not be used for commercial purposes.
- All online competitions open 1 December 2018 and remain open until 31 January 2019.
- Competition entrants must submit complete contact details for inclusion into prize draws. If complete contact details are not provided they cannot be not entered into the prize draws. All prize winners will be notified by late March 2019.
- Every effort is made to notify participants if they are prize winners. In the event that a participant cannot be contacted by phone and/or email, the prize will be redrawn.
- Winners for competitions that are not associated with a Guest Author are selected by random draw. All names of those who have submitted complete contact details will be included in the draw.
- Winners for the What Happens Next competition is determined by the Guest Author associated with the activity. Their decisions are final.
- Winners’ names will be posted to the website.
- Only one entry per person is permitted in the Club Member Registration draw. All eligible entries received are sorted by state. A winning entry is selected randomly for each state.
- Use the SRC Registration Form to enter the iPod Registration Draw.
Britannica Learning Adventure Scavenger Hunt
- Only one entry per person is permitted in the Encyclopaedia Britannica Adventure Scavenger Hunt. All eligible entries received are sorted by state. A winning entry is selected randomly for each state.
- Use the Kids Quiz form or the Teens Quiz Form to submit your answers to the Encyclopaedia Britannica Adventure Scavenger Hunt.
- Posts for the Gallery, Book Raves, Short Story writing competition and Have Your Say are open. You may submit as many posts as you like.
- Use the SRC Postbox to submit posts to the Book Raves, Short Story, What Happens Next and Have Your Say Competitions.
- Use the Upload a Drawing or Upload a Photo forms on the Post to the Gallery page to to submit your artwork and photos to the gallery. Parental consent & release must be given for all participants, 18 years and younger, wishing to post photos of themselves to the site. Photos of children and young people that do not have a parental consent & release will not be posted to the website. In addition, where multiple children, aged 18 and under, are captured in a photo, consent will be required from all parties in the photo prior to posting. For assistance in posting group photos, email email@example.com
SRC Participation Packs
- The first unique 200 children who submit posts to the Gallery are eligible to receive an SRC Participation Pack.
- Participants may submit as many posts to the Gallery as they like; however they will only be eligible to receive 1 X SRC Participation Pack per person, not per post.
- Participants must submit complete contact details for receipt of an SRC Participation Pack. If complete contact details are not provided, they will not receive a pack. All packs will be distributed by late March 2019.
- Children aged 12 and under will require parental consent to receive a Participation Pack. Consent for children aged 12 and under is built into all SRC submission forms.
The Summer Reading Club is a program delivered by State Library Queensland in partnership with the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), the Australian Public Library Alliance (APLA) and state and public libraries across Australia.
The Summer Reading Club website is hosted by the State Library of Queensland and is subject to the privacy and website security policies of the State Library Queensland. All data collected through this website is managed and maintained by the State Library of Queensland.
The State Library of Queensland and the Summer Reading Club respect your privacy and take the protection of childrens’ personal data very seriously. Parental consent to post to the website is required for all children aged 12 and under. The Summer Reading Club encourages children, regardless of age, to talk to their parents prior to providing personal information through the online forms.
Information collected from participants is used only for Summer Reading Club internal activities and functions (Libraries Act 1988) and will not be disclosed unless required by law. These activities include:
- Registering as participants in the Summer Reading Club
- Entering participant into competitions/prize draws
- Notification of competition winners
- Notification to registered participants of SRC activities for 2019
- Surveying of participants for feedback used in development and enhancement of the Summer Reading Club online program.
You may review your child’s personal information, direct the SRC to delete it from our database and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information.
To access, review or request removal of personal information from the Summer Reading Club database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee to access or remove your information, but you will be required to provide proof of your identity.
The Summer Reading Club website is moderated in accordance with State Library Queensland policies and practices. As with other State Library Queensland websites, this site contains links to other websites which are controlled and maintained by others.
The State Library of Queensland is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of external websites. The intent of including external inks on this site is to enrich the users’ Summer Reading Club experience and do not constitute any endorsement by State Library Queensland of the sites linked or referred to.
The Summer Reading Club makes every effort to ensure external website links are to reputable and safe sites for children and young people. If you find objectionable or offensive material on an external site that the Summer Reading Club has linked to:
- Refer to that site’s Terms and Conditions or their Contact Us information to notify them of your concern.
- Email email@example.com and identify the web page and link that you would like reviewed.