Reading Adventure Club Participation Guidelines
The State Library of Queensland respects the privacy of children and works hard to maintain a safe online environment for them to engage in.
Terms & Conditions
The Reading Adventure Club Participation Guidelines are also known as the Terms and Conditions. We provide these terms and conditions so that everyone knows the rules for entering and participating in the online Reading Adventure Club activities and competitions. Be sure to ask your parents to review these with you.
Please Note: Children must be 13 or over to post content to the Reading Adventure Club website without parental consent. Children who are 12 and under who want to post content require parental consent.
The Reading Adventure Club is a moderated website. All content submitted for posting to the Reading Adventure Club website is reviewed and checked for plagiarism prior to posting.
Contributions/posts may be edited, removed or not published if they contain:
- Private or personal information that may identify the participant.
- Profanities, obscenities or content that is graphic in nature.
- Personal attacks on other Reading Adventure Club Members.
- Appear to be plagarised content. (Note: Leaving pieces out of published materials, or re-wording certain parts is still plagiarism.)
- Intentionally false or misleading, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening or harassing comments; and/or other information that the Reading Adventure Club deems at its sole discretion to be inappropriate for this site.
- Submissions may also be formatted to improve readability on the website.
- The Reading Adventure Club reserves the right to archive and republish all contributions received in promoting this program.
- Approved submissions will be published to the respective posting pages of the Reading Adventure Club themed website within 3-5 business days.
- First name, age and state will only be used to attribute post submissions to the site.
For more information regarding comments and postings visit State Library of Queensland’s Policies and Guidelines webpage. Click on Our Customer Service Commitments to locate State Library of Queensland Comments Policy.
This website and all the material on it are subject to copyright belonging to the State Library of Queensland.
Any materials provided for download on this website may be used by you for your personal use and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence.
All other material published on this website including information, text, images, sounds and audio-visual material, is protected by copyright. If you wish to use any of the content or images on this site, please contact The Reading Adventure Club team.
When you upload a post, book rave, short story, poem or artwork to the Reading Adventure Club website, you agree that your content or artwork will be licensed using a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence.
You remain the owner of copyright of the content, photo or artwork but others, including State Library of Queensland, may;
Share — copy and redistribute it in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon it
Under the following terms:
Attribution — Anyone who uses Club Member posted content, photographs or artwork must give appropriate credit, and provide a link to the licence.
Non-Commercial —The photograph or artwork must not be used for commercial purposes.
The Reading Adventure Club is a program delivered by State Library Queensland. The Reading Adventure Club website is hosted by the State Library of Queensland and is subject to the privacy and website security policies of the State Library Queensland. All data collected through this website is managed and maintained by the State Library of Queensland.
The State Library of Queensland respect your privacy and take the protection of childrens’ personal data very seriously. Parental consent to post to the website is required for all children aged 12 and under. The Reading Adventure Club encourages children, regardless of age, to talk to their parents prior to providing personal information through the online forms.
Information collected from participants is used only for Reading Adventure Club internal activities and functions (Libraries Act 1988) and will not be disclosed unless required by law. These activities include:
- Registering as participants in the Reading Adventure Club
- Entering participant into competitions/prize draws (QLD residents only)
- Notification of competition winners (QLD residents only)
- Notification to registered participants of other State Library programs
- Surveying of participants for feedback used in development and enhancement of the Reading Adventure Club online program.
You may review your child’s personal information, direct the Reading Adventure Club team to delete it from our database and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information.
To access, review or request removal of personal information from the Reading Adventure Club database, please email the Reading Adventure Club team. There is no fee to access or remove your information, but you will be required to provide proof of your identity.
The Reading Adventure Club website is moderated in accordance with State Library Queensland’s Information Privacy and Website security practices. As with other State Library Queensland websites, this site may contain links to other websites which are controlled and maintained by others.
The Reading Adventure Club is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of external websites. The intent of including external inks on this site is to enrich the users’ Reading Adventure Club experience and do not constitute any endorsement by State Library Queensland of the sites linked to or referred to.
The Reading Adventure Club makes every effort to ensure external website links are to reputable and safe sites for children and young people. If you find objectionable or offensive material on an external site that the Reading Adventure Club has linked to:
- Refer to that site’s Terms and Conditions or their Contact Us information to notify them of your concern.
- Email the Reading Adventure Club team and identify the web page and link that you would like reviewed.