Big Bash League Books

Posted on: January 1st, 2018 by michael -

Hi people – I mentioned in a blog post recently that I’d written another set of 4 Big Bash League books, so thought I’d pop them up for you to see! Each book is separate, so they’re not a series. The characters and settings are different for each book. Each of the 4 features two BBL  teams!

Do you follow the BBL or WBBL? Who’s your fav team? I guess you’ll probably barrack for the team from your state.

Well I’m in Victoria so have two teams to follow. My first is the Melbourne Renegades and my 2nd is the Melbourne Stars. My third favourite is the Hobart Hurricanes. I really like Tasmania, my brother lives in Hobart AND I love the colour purple that the players wear!!

1. Jack says:

To Michael
    It’s Jack HI!!!! , I went the the Cairns Taipan Basketball game with my step-brother and Dad. It was electric the atmosphere was loud and there was cheerleading and loud foot stomping dad loved it and me to. It’s a long way from home to travel to FNQ but we are going away tomorrow so see when I get back.
    Jack

• michael says:

That sounds so good, Jack – the atmosphere would have been brilliant; loud and buzzing. Sounds like it was worth the journey to get there!

2. Kelsea says:

I can’t wait to try to learn the game cricket.

• michael says:

Hi Kelsea – that’s great that you’re going to learn. Please ask any questions you like about cricket and hopefully I’ll be able to answer them for you. Michael 🙂

Hi Michael!
    I live down in Tassie and I go for the Hobart Hurricanes!

Hi Michael
    As you know I LOVE big bash and am a very strong supporter of the Hobart Hurricanes! I was very disappointed that we didn’t beat you this time but it was a good game cause I went and saw it and even got a renegades signature!
    Happy new year!

Hi Madi!
      No way, I go for the Hobart Hurricanes in BBL to! What team do you go for in WBBL? I go for the Sydney Sixes. I don’t think Hobart has a team.
      I hope you had a Happy New Year!

Hi Sahansa
        I go for Sydney Sixers and Brisbane Heat! I watch bbl all the time and it is fantastic. My other bbl favourites are heat and Sixers as well!

Hi Madi!
          My top 3 teams would probably be:
          1. Hobart Hurricanes
          2. Sydney Sixes
          3. Brisbane Heat
          All the teams are great though.

• michael says:

Woo Hoo – so glad you got a Renegades signature. You and my brother were both a bit disappointed… BUT… I’ve just watched your team beat the Adelaide Strikers in Hobart (maybe you were even there watching???!!) It was pretty exciting and a good finish.

5. Alex says:

Hi Michael
    I go for the Hobart Hurricanes in the BBL and WBBL. Unfortunately, we haven’t got of to the best start in either of the competitions. But it was good to get a win last night. It was nice that we were able to get to a 189 runs. It was good to watch D’Arcy Short make that 97. My favourite players for canes would have to be 3 players Short, Boyce and Archer. I went to the first game this season between canes and the gades and I also went to the canes vs thunder game. Hopefully we can win our next few games to gives a chance to play in the finals.
    Have you ever been to a BBL or WBBL game?
    If so what is your favourite match you’ve been to?
    Who is your least favourite bbl team?
    Who is your favourite player?

• michael says:

Hi there Alex – well, I just replied to Madi saying that I’ve just seen the Hurricanes beat the Adelaide Strikers so right now you’ll be very happy!!! How good is Short? He is amazing and I like Archer too; he bowled well tonight. Yes, I’ve been to a few BBL games… even one in Hobart? My fav team is the Renegades and I guess my least fav is Scorchers because they are so hard to beat and always seem to be on top of the ladder. I have heaps of favourite players… maybe Hodge and Cam White and Aaron Finch because his home town is close to mine and he played for the Geelong team too! You sound like you know heaps about cricket too… are you a good player yourself? Cheers, Michael

6. Lachlan says:

HI Michael

As a QUEENSLANDER! I go for the Brisbane Heat and love watching the Bash brothers play especially Chris Lynn. Last year my family and I went to the Gabba to see the Heat play the Hobart hurricanes. The heat flogged the Hurricanes and Lynn hit the ball on the roof! As a cricket player my self when I found your books I fell in love first word my favourite of which is switch-hit showdown, I loved the journey of Barney and his friends as he gets up to a bit of mischief on the way.

Did you play cricket in your childhood?
    What’s your favourite bbl team?
    Do you think Lynn was out against the Strikers?

Cheers Lachlan

Hi Lachlan
      I support Hobart Hurricanes but Heat are one of my favourite teams! If Hobart can’t make the finals I’m hoping heat can!

• michael says:

Howdy Lachlan, you have so many amazing players in your team… how good is your opening pair? Wow!! That must have been amazing seeing that 6 that Lynn hit and you’d be feeling pretty proud too that he’s made the Aussie one-day squad. Yes, I played cricket as a kid and adult too and my fav team is the Renegades. I agree with Mark Waugh – I don’t think he hit the ball… what do you think?

Nice covers! Did you design them yourself?