Which House are you in this summer?

Posted on: December 18th, 2017 by SRC Team -

Hello SRC Club Members!

Welcome to the Game On in Libraries blog. A space for you to make connections with other SRC Club Members by sharing the adventures you are having in libraries and at home this summer.

The SRC team have been waiting for all year for the SRC program to begin again, and we are excited to discover that at only a few weeks since the official launch of this summer’s program, 1500 SRC Club members have registered online and begun posting their fantastic comments, short stories, book raves and artwork to the SRC website.

The theme of Game On is all about celebrating sports, games, technology and team spirit… There are so many great books to read that will help you to supercharge your summer’s as you play, solve, participate and read!

This year we have four fun SRC characters championing our theme. Have you met them all?

The SRC Team thought it would be fun to match our SRC Champions up to the houses at Hogwarts. It’s fun to be a part of a team or house!

• The Rhino = Gryffindor
  • The Fox = Slytherin
  • The Tiger = Ravenclaw
  • The Wombat = Hufflepuff

We then took the UK Guardian’s Sorting Hat Quiz, to find out which house we would be sorted into.  I was the Tiger or sorted into Ravenclaw.

We wonder, what house or team will you be sorted into?

There is a whole summer ahead of us. We look forward to sharing what is happening in libraries across the country, and hearing from you, what you are discovering at your local spaces. Stay tuned for more SRC fun. Until the next post…

Keep on reading!

The SRC Team.

Challenge:

• Take the sorting hat quiz to find out which team or house you are a part of this summer.
  • Post your result in the comments below.
  • And if you have some ideas for names for these characters – add that in your comments as well.

Hi SRC team,

I am in Slytherin House with the fox. What house are you in?

2. Cody says:

I did the quiz and worked out that I am a Ravenclaw. I like Harry Potter a lot. We visited Harry Potter at Universal Studios last year. It was fantastic. I love the SRC. This is my second year doing it.

3. Abigail says:

My house was Hufflepuff. I’ve never read Harry Potter, but I took the quiz for fun anyway.

Hi SRC team!
    I just had this awesome idea. Since, the characters are in different Harry Potter houses maybe they could have the name of the witch or wizard that founded that house. The genders of the characters may need changing.
    The Rino= Godric Gryffindor
    The Fox= Salazar Slythein
    The Tiger= Rowena Ravenclaw
    The Wombat= Helga Hufflepuff

Hi SRC
    Tilly the tiger
    Randy the rhino
    Wally
    the wombat
    And Felicity the fox
    Merry Christmas

Hi SRC
    Are you doing the blog on Monday as it is Christmas?

7. Nicky says:

Hi SRC,

I just took the Harry Potter test and I’m have been sorted into the Ravenclaw House. Luckily I’m there with my brother and sister. Guess we won’t be spelling each other too much! I like the SRC and this is my 2nd year for doing it. Game on!!!!

• SRC Team says:

Hi Nicky!

Welcome back. We love to see returning Club members.

Lucky for your brother and sister, that you have been sorted to their house… but if I know brothers and sisters, this doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be spelling each other 😉

Enjoy the SRC this year… and be sure to keep reading ALL summer long!

8. Lily McCormick says:

I am in…. Drum roll please! GRYFFINDOR! I have read all of the Harry Potter books and I have thought of a few cool names for the characters.

Regulas Rupert the Rhino
    Willow Waterfall the Wombat
    Frederick Fearsome the Fox
    Tessa Tailspin the Tiger

9. Lyle McCormick says:

I am in GRYFFINDOR. I cooked up some names for the characters.
    Kingsley Craford the tiger
    Marvolo Decompetito the fox
    Beatus Est the wombat
    Forti Animo the rhino

Hey are you Lily’s brother
      Cause you have the same house! I was the same house as my brother ( ravenclaw but I am also slytherin)!

• SRC Team says:

Thanks Lyle!

I love “Marvolo Decompetito the Fox”. I am imagining it being said aloud across a giant speaker in a stadium. It has a ring to it!

We hope you enjoy participating in the SRC all summer long! Happy reading 🙂

10. Kiera says:

I am RAVENCLAW! I suppose that fits my personality. But sometimes i feel like I’m in griffindor.

11. Genna says:

I’m the same kind of person as… Harry Potter, from Gryffindor! (And I wasn’t trying to be like him because I have never read the Harry Potter series.) 🙂 I don’t think I’m much like a rhino though!

Great to see this year’s SRC mascots! 🙂 They suit this year’s theme.
    Some name ideas:
    Rush the Sporting Rhino – sports are full of people rushing about!
    Flanna the Gaming Fox – Flanna means red-haired… and foxes have red hair.
    Tesla the Techno Tiger – tribute to Nikola Tesla, a buddy of Thomas Edison, and the guy who came up with the idea of your electricity setup (in the 1800s, no less!).
    Wafi the Loyal Wombat – Wafi means ‘trustworthy, reliable, loyal’ in Arabic. You’ve gotta be able to rely on and trust your team!

Thanks for another fun year of Summer Reading Club!

Hi Genna
      Harry Potter is amazing! Best book ever! You totally have to read them but you would need permission from your parents for the movies!

• Kiera says:

read the books before you see the movies, otherwise, everything is ruined. The movies are quite different from the books.

I thin ink reading the books before watching the movies is better. Good work , Kiera!

• Kiera says:

The movies don’t have Ludo Bagman or Winky. They change a lot of things.

I know I wish they did though it doesn’t have a few people in so when I first watched them I was like where is this person and that person! So totally agree although I watched two movie before starting the books and then it made a lot of sense!

I agree Madi.

• Kiera says:

When I first watched the movies I was like why are they doing that, why didn’t they do that, when are they going to do that

• SRC Team says:

Hi Genna,

These are some fantastic names!

We are glad to see you back in the Club this Summer!

12. Amelia says:

After taking the survey, I found out I’m in ………. Ravenclaw!

I don’t really know about that. Sometimes I think I’m in another house.

SRC is pretty cool.

Here is what I would name the characters.

Rhino: Ricky the Re-Arranger
    Fox: Francesca the Flyer
    Wombat: Wozza the Wrestler
    Tiger: Tanya the Trickster

Hi SRC team!
    I love the Summer Reading Club because it superchapercharges my summer. This is my third year participating and I love it!1 Thank you for making another great SRC!

14. Frankie says:

Hi, I got Ravenclaw with the tiger. This is the comment.

Your house is…Ravenclaw! Well done! You’re a genius, ready to take after Luna Lovegood and Cho Chang! Well done, you little brainiac!

15. Grace G says:

Hi everyone! 🙂

I was sorted into Gryffindor, with the Rhino. Strange, I thought I’d be in Ravenclaw! I still think I’m more of a Hermione than a Ron or a Harry.

Grace G

Hi Grace G
      Try doing it again cause I did it three times and got all different houses so now I am in all of them!

• SRC Team says:

Hi Grace!

Maybe you are a little of all the Houses… perhaps the House you are assigned too is the one that is the dominant trait?

Just a thought… but remember, this is all in fun, so you can actually be in any House you want!

• Grace G says:

Hi again SRC,
        I think I want to be in Gryffindor, and I think I probably am, but thanks anyway!
        #summerreadingclubisawesome 🙂 😉
        From Grace G

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

17. Aditya says:

My house is…Gryffindor! Yay! I get to carry on in the courageous footsteps of Harry Potter himself! Three cheers for SRC hip hip hurray. Hip hip hurray..Hip hip hurray…

• SRC Team says:

Thanks Aditya!

Welcome to the SRC and here’s a cheer for you…

Hip hip hurray! Aditya is on her way 🙂

Happy reading, all summer long!

18. Khushi says:

This is my Result, I got in Hufflepuff.
    Your house is…Hufflepuff! Yay! You’re a peacekeeper, a kind and loyal person. You take after people like Cedric Diggory and Tonks! Well done, you lovely person!

19. Dihansa says:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! I’m actually in Gryfindor! I’m going to follow in harry’s footsteps!

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year , everyone!

I am going to try the quiz 3 times to see which one comes out on top.
    Drum roll please.
    Gryfindor
    Your house is…Gryffindor! Yay! You get to carry on in the courageous footsteps of Harry Potter himself! Well done, you brave thing, you!

Or
    Drumroll again please.
    Slythein.
    Your house is…Slytherin! Well done? Um, you’re clever, cunning and very good at looking after yourself. You’ll take after…Draco Malfoy and…Voldemort himself. Well done…and please don’t kill us…

The final verdict is Gryfindor 2 and Slytherin 1.

Hey so weird!

Yah, I agree.

I did it again to and I didn’t get Ravenclaw either times!

For me personally I think the mood I am in when I am doing it. I think I thought the answers differently as well.

I agree but there was some answers I wanted to do the first time but didn’t cause there was also others that I wanted to do! So now I am all of the houses by the way I saw your story on short stories and it was really good!

Thanks Madi! Which story was it? I love all of your short story posts they are so interesting. I think you should continue your detective series.

Hi Sahansa
            All of your stories are really good but your latest one is probably my favourite or the Ariana Grande one!
            The problem for the detective is I’ve run out of ideas and
            just haven’t grasped the idea yet! Have you got any? Has your sister written any? Are you writing any more?
            Merry Christmas Well if you see this before then!

Hi Madi!
            Thanks Madi! I also like all your stories. But I had a few that stood on top for me. There were your detective ones and your story called Tears.
            My sister has written 2 poems.
            1 on Father’s Day a day and 1 on Mother;s day.
            I think I will try my best to continue writing throughout the summer summer. Will you write anymore?
            Sorry, so far I have’n’t got any ideas for your detective stories. But if I get any I will tell you ASAP on whatever blog I have to.
            Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Do you have any siblings?

Hi Sahansa
            Thanks! Yeah I will write some more just not sure what yet! Have a very merry Christmas and I hope you get a visit from the big guy in red!

Hi Madi!
            I hope you get a visit from Santa as well. Do you have any siblings or are you an only child?
            Have a very Merry Christmas!

I’m in the same house as my sister.

All the houses Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Gryfindor all rock . Go everyone!

25. Abygael says:

The Tiger = Ravenclaw

I took the quiz again as well and got
    HUFFLEPUFF!
    You take after Cedric and tonks you are loyal and kind plus a peacekeeper!

I took the quiz a second time and got
    HUFFLEPUFF!
    Yay you following the footsteps of Cedric and Tonks!

I took it a third time and got
    GRIFFINDOOR!
    Yay you follow in the footsteps of Harry Potter!

Have a Christmas full of memorable moments, everyone!

How was your Christmas? Happy New Year!

31. Jennifer says:

Almost 2018 !! Do you think 2017 has gone by fast or slow ?

32. Millie says:

Dear SRC,
    I did the quiz and I got Hufflepuff and I was the Wombat.
    Hope everyone had a great Christmas and have a wonderful new year

• SRC Team says:

Hi Millie,

Thanks for sharing. We think the wombat is the cutest!

We hope you had a great Christmas too, and are enjoying this New 2018 Year. It seems to be going by very fast!

Here’s to you and reading all summer long 🙂

33. Melody says:

Dear SRC,
    I completed the quiz and got Slytherin. What did you get?
    I’m really happy to be back at the Summer Reading Club this Summer!

• SRC Team says:

Welcome back Melody!

We love to see Club Members returning to the SRC.

When I took the quiz, I was sorted into team Ravenclaw, or the Tiger!

We hope you have fun participating and reading all summer long. Don’t forget to check out what’s happening at your local library too!

34. Stephanie says:

Dear SRC,
    Doing that quiz, I got Slytherin, which puts me in the fox team. However, I believe that I am more of a Gryffindor, and my friends say that they think I’m a Ravenclaw – I guess that I’m just not a Hufflepuff then!

• Stephanie says:

Also, although I haven’t thought of names for the characters, I would change the houses they’re assigned to based on the activities they are seen doing. So, I think the fox would be Gryffindor, the wombat Ravenclaw, the rhino Hufflepuff and the tiger Slytherin.

• SRC Team says:

Thanks Stephanie for sharing!

We hope that no matter what team you find yourself in, that you will play, solve, participate and celebrate team spirit all summer long.

Welcome to the SRC 🙂