Take your marks and get set to meet Laura Sieveking

Posted on: November 9th, 2017 by SRC Team -

Laura Sieveking

Author, Laura Sieveking loves all things sports. She was a keen gymnast in her childhood and also loves cricket and rugby union (and boasts attending 3 Rugby World Cups!). Her series The Royal Academy of Sport for Girls examines life in an elite sports academy which caters for all sports from soccer to swimming to equestrian.

Join Laura this summer from Monday 4th December as we look at all types for sports and games in various books.

Check in each week as there are to be prizes to be won. And we’ll even take a trip to the circus!

So take your marks, get set … GO!

1. SRC Team says:

Can’t wait to learn more!

2. Vienna says:

Hi I love to do Netball because it keeps me running and jumping all day.Once I had to go around my whole entire school for sports day. and I was so exhausted but I still did it and I came second place.

3. Jack says:

Hello, I have two sisters when I was really little I used to go to sports with my brother and sisters in the family we all played Softball and Netball on the same sides and the boys
    sports I played are Rugby Union, and Karate. I tried swimming lessons, Basketball, go-kart racing, and rip-stick riding.
    from Jack

4. sahansa says:

Hi Laura,
    I can’t wait to learn more about you. I have read a few of your books and they are my type. I am quite a sporty person myself. I am one of the fastest swimmers and sprinters in my school. I have represented our school in a variety of different Interschool and Champions Sports Carnivals. It is not just about winning it is also about getting over it when you may not get what you hoped.
    From Sahansa

Did you always like writing? Were you always good at writing? Who inspired you to write? What is the best thing in your opinion about writing? What is your favourite sport now?

6. Becky says:

I love to play netball and play for Inner North Netball Club. Who is your favourite Cricket Player?

7. Millie says:

Hello Laura, you sound really inspiring to me as i like most of those sports you listed. I love to play netball and basketball. I always remember to myself that it’s not all about winning it’s just if you give it your best try. I will need to get onto your new books as I have never read them before, but I am sure they will be my type as i like sport. I wish you luck with your books and sport. I hope you enjoy
    From Millie

8. Jessica says:

I am inspired by my surroundings

9. Jessica says:

Sorry, wrong one!

10. Grace says:

Hi Laura,

Those books sound fabulous! I will definitely have to check them out. Sports is a big part of my life, and I do Netball, Basketball, Touch Rugby, Football, Soccer and Cross Country! I love to read as well.

Grace 🙂

11. Jasmine says:

I absolutely love reading!!! Sports is one of my favourite things to do them together is amazing. I love your thinking!!! I really need to check out these books. Your text already makes me think you are a good role model.

12. Laura says:

Hi Laura,
    You have such a great name. I love to swim and run and ride my bike. I find that often the characters I write end up liking one of those sports as well. My characters often seem very similar to myself and I don’t know how to make sure that I can write about different types of people without it sounding forced. How do you make your characters different to yourself while still writing about things you love?

13. Aditya Surana says:

Hi Laura, My name is Aditya and I am 9 years old. I have just started learning table tennis as I got a tennis table as my Christmas present so now my dad teaches me an my 7 year old sister and we have competitions everyday.