Last year, 20 libraries entered the Summer Reading Club library display competition, providing a small peek into what the SRC looks like in libraries across the country.
This year we invite you to put your creativity on display by entering your display/library activities against one of these 5 categories:
- The Space Activation Award – to be awarded to the library whose space creatively embodies the SRC theme and is appealing to the interest of children, young people and families
- The Collections Based Award – to be awarded to the library whose display best incorporated collections connected to the SRC theme
- Staff Enthusiasm/Engagement Award – to be awarded to the library whose staff creatively get on board with the SRC theme and extend this through social media
- Community Engagement Award – to be awarded to the library whose evolving display best engaged the community throughout the summer holidays
- Library Outreach Award – to be awarded to the library whose narrative best described their outreach within their community (schools, shopping centres, off-site activities)
How did you transform your spaces and holidays in places of discovery and curious creatures?
All entries must be received by Friday, 1 March, 2019.
Send an email to the SRC Team with your pictures, video links and a short narrative detailing:
- number of staff/volunteers involved
- hours expended
- your motivation
- the category you would like to enter under
- and your library Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter address page (if you have one)
We also encourage you to continue to post the outcomes of the SRC in your libraries on all your favourite social media platforms (#summerreadingclub), including the SRC Champions facebook group, to share and show with our growing SRC Community how Australian libraries do the SRC!