The Summer Reading Club online program or Club site will feature the following authors and illustrators who have released new titles in 2018–19.
Each author/illustrator will have a profile in the online Celebrity Corner and children will be able to preview selected chapters of their newly released titles.
Why not contact our guest authors/illustrators to arrange an author chat in your library or create a book display profiling their newest releases and other popular titles written by this amazing line up of story-telling talent!
- Amie Kaufman – Ice Wolves
- Andrew MacDonald – Real Pigeons Fight Crime
- Ben Long – Jasper Juggles Jelly Fish
- Carlie Gibson – The Sisters Saint-Claire and the Royal Mouse Ball
- David Lowe – My Hamster is a Genius
- Emily Conolan – The Freedom Finders: Break Your Chains
- Kim Kane – Ginger Green, Play Date Queen: The Bendy Friend
- Kirli Saunders – Incredible Freedom Machines
- Lucia Masciullo – The Hole (illustrator)
- Marcello Pennacchio – Somewhere in the Reef
- Nicki Greenburg – Morris the Mole
- Philip Reeve – Mortal Engines
- Robyn Osborne – My Dog Socks
- Sadami Konchi – My Dog Socks (illustrator)
- Sally Morgan – Don’t Wake the Dingo
- Scot Gardner – Sparrow
- Tjalamina Mia, Jessica Lister, Cheryl Kickett-Tucker, Jaylon Tucker – Bush and Beyond: Stories from the Country
- Ursula Dubosrsky – Brindabella
The online program of activities will also include blogs by Dr. Cameron Stelzer author of the infamous Pie Rats and Scallywags series and Emma Middleton, author of newly released The Lion in my Living Room.
Online competitions for 2018 will include the national registration draw, What Happen’s Next story writing competitions with David Lowe, a short-story free write, and the Britannica Digital Learning sponsored Curious Creatures quizzes.
Children will also be able to post book raves, pictures and log their reading online too!
Content on the Club site will be ready to view from 1 November 2018. All online competitions will be open from 1 December 2018 through 31 January 2019.