Last year, 53 libraries entered the Summer Reading Club library display competition, providing a small peek into what the SRC looks like in libraries across the country.
We’ve seen a few creative cats posting their launch videos to Facebook, including a special post of encouragement from our resident SRC Team Trainer, but we are still keen to see more!
Check out this video submitted by My Van Nguyen Dang, Information Librarian at Greater Dandenong Libraries in Victoria:
Summer Reading Club is in full swing. If the kids are stuck for things to read why not check out the recommended reads or the read and relax blog for inspiration? Visit www.greaterdandenong.com/src for recommended reads and greaterdandenongreadingblog.blogspot.com.au/search/label/childrens for the read and relax blog
Posted by City of Greater Dandenong on Tuesday, 9 January 2018
This year you may enter your display/library activities against one of these 5 categories:
- The Space Activation Award – to be awarded to the library whose space creatively embodies the SRC theme and is appealing to the interest of children, young people and families
- The Collections Based Award – to be awarded to the library whose display best incorporated collections connected to the SRC theme
- Staff Enthusiasm/Engagement Award – to be awarded to the library whose staff creatively get on board with the SRC theme and extend this through social media
- Community Engagement Award – to be awarded to the library whose evolving display best engaged the community throughout the summer holidays
- Library Outreach Award – to be awarded to the library whose narrative best described their outreach within their community (schools, shopping centres, off-site activities)
It’s time to share your creativity; and how have you supercharged your spaces for this summer’s GAME ON fun!
All entries must be received by Friday, 3 March, 2018.
Send an email to the SRC Team with your pictures, video links and a short narrative detailing:
- number of staff/volunteers involved
- hours expended
- your motivation
- and your library Facebook address page (if you have one)
We also encourage you to continue to post the outcomes of the SRC in your libraries on all your favourite social media platforms (#summerreadingclub), including the SRC Champions facebook group, to share and show with our growing SRC Community how Australian libraries do the SRC!