Preparations for the 2013/2014 National Summer Reading Club have begun.
The theme for the 2013/2014 National Summer Reading Club is: Investigation.
Information pertaining to the marketing and merchandise materials for use in your libraries this year will be released in the coming months.
It is anticipated that as libraries participate in the 2013/2014 National Summer Reading Club, participants will have the opportunity to:
- ENGAGE with libraries and library collections
- DISCOVER the principles of investigation and
- ENJOY exploring and participating in activities that inspire them to practice the art of investigation
To keep up-to-date with all things SRC why not subscribe to the NSRC monthly newsletter? To subscribe, email your details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The first issue for the year is in circulation. Click here to read the April issue of the NSRC Newsletter (PDF).
Over the coming months, all you need to know about running the Summer Reading Club in your library will be posted to the Public Libraries Connect, Summer Reading Club page on the State Library Queensland website.
Resources that will be developed:
- The Summer Reading Club 2013/2014 Library Guide - For recommendations and helpful advice on planning, promoting and runnning a Summer Reading Club in your library. The guide also contains specific information pertaining to the 2013/2014 Summer Reading Club including contact details, program levels, key dates and prizes.
- Library and web based activities – Information about the website activities and a list of suggested activities to help you kick start your library based activities for your Summer Reading Club.
- Activity booklets – For the 3 different levels. These booklets contain fun activities submitted by libraries across the country.
- Templates – Participation logs, reading log, a registration form (for your use in the library to collect your participants details), participation certificates, a letter to local schools and media release.
- Images– A collection of all of the Summer Reading Club graphics for your use (in a variety of formats), including characters and logos.
- Evaluation Forms – Evaluation forms to collect and share feedback. We are keen for your thoughts and suggestions!
To see last year’s resources, visit the Summer Reading Club information page for libraries at http://plconnect.slq.qld.gov.au/resources/children-and-young-people/services-for-young-people
The National Summer Reading Club is a collaborative program. It’s success depends on you!
If you have any thoughts, feedback or questions regarding participation in the National Summer Reading Club, please send it to: email@example.com
In addition, any programming ideas, book titles or activities pertaining to the theme of investigation are welcomed and will be used in the development of the 2013/2014 National Summer Reading Club.